MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from the box of Canada Cornstarch, we make them every year for Christmas. Being we were poor we used margarine instead of butter.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- red and green maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Sift together cornstarch, confectioner's sugar and flour.
- Blend in butter with spoon until smooth soft dough forms.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with lightly floured fork.
- Bake in 300 F oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Note: If dough is too soft to handle, cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Hints: my sister got me into using confectioner's sugar instead of flour for flattening these cookies. We use the maraschino cherries cut in half and pressed into the center of the cookies after flattened. You can use glazed cherries too. We use one 1/2 red cherry and 2 1/4 green cherry to make holly berries on some cookies. We leave some without cherries, just in case someone doesn't want them.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
You have to try these cookies! The texture is light and the buttery flavor is amazing. The best thing about these amazing cookies is how easy they are to make! The dough is so easy to work with and you can throw them together in 10 minutes! Great flavor, simple ingredients and ease of preparation=the perfect cookie. Thanks for the heads up on this one tasb. Fantastic!2Reply