Recipe by mplsgirl
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it's perfect for a fall get-together and very hearty.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (1 lb) can corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan suitable for stew, cook garlic, onion, and beef in oil until meat is browned. Add tomatoes, geeen pepper, sugar, apricots, beef broth, sweet potatoes, baking potatoes, and some salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Meanwhile, cut top off of pumpkin. Scoop out seeds and stringy membrane. Brush inside of pumpkin with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Once the hour has passed, stir sherry and corn into stew and pour stew into pumpkin shell.
- Place pumpkin shell on baking sheet and bake 1 hour, or until pumpkin meat is tender.
- Place pumpkin in large serving bowl and ladle out stew, scooping out some of pumpkin with each stew serving.