One of the best things about Halloween when I was a kid was the pumpkin seeds baking while we were finishing up the details on the carving. Serving size depends on the pumpkin
- Wash your pumpkin seeds (get all of the pumpkin off them).
- Boil 1 quart of water.
- After water has boiled, place the clean seeds and 1/8 cup of salt into water for 10 minutes- stir the whole time.
- Melt 2 Tbs of butter.
- Drain the seeds and mix them with the butter (add some salt if you want).
- Place the seeds on a 2 layer tin foiled pan and place in oven at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Do not refrigerate seeds- put them in a sealed bowl and leave them on the kitchen table.
I have tried baking pumpkin seeds several different ways but had never boiled them first -- it makes a big difference that my whole family liked. Thanks!
Thanks for the wonderful recipe. My grandaughter always requests toasted pumpkin seeds every halloween. Based on here-say, I increased the salt to 1/4 cup and added 1/8 cup garlic salt as well as baking time to 45 minutes. The children in her class loved them. It was a nice halloween treat!!! We'll definately do this one every year.
Perfect, just what my family was looking for!!