Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The name says it!
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 51.76 ml butter
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml pumpkin
- 78.07 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 0.25 ml cardamom
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Stir together wet ingredients.
- Mix with dry ingredients just until blended (Do not overmix).
- Turn out dough onto floured surface.
- Knead gently, press into circle and cut into 8 wedges.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 20 minutes.
- Stir together milk and powdered sugar.
- Drizzle over cooled scones and sprinkle with cinnamon.
So great! I used pumpkin pie spice instead of the individual spices. They were ready in about 16 minutes. My kids loved them, and so did I!
Amazing! I loved these! I doubled this recipe and made 12 larger scones. I used 3 cups regular flour and 1 cup wheat flour. Baked up beautifully in about 16 minutes at 450. Thanks for sharing!
This is the best pumpkin scone recipe I've come across so far. Though, I am still on a mission to find a recipe for one where the scone isn't as cake like in texture. I don't know if my oven is just kind of old, but I baked these in 450 and they were done in 10 minutes! I wasn't able to add the dash of cardamom as mentioned in the recipe because I did not have any on hand, yet the flavor of the scone was just fine. I would like to try adding some cardamom next time. Like the previous reviewer, I added pumpkin spice and ground cinnamon to the frosting to my liking. I am looking forward to making another batch soon- thanks for posting this recipe!