Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This is a great alternative to pumpkin pie.
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup plain pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes gradually adding sugar.
- Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in seperate bowl.
- Fold flour mixture into pumpkin mix.
- Grease cookie sheet with sides and line with wax paper including sides.
- Pour mixture into cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While baking, combine all ingredients for filling and mix until creamy.
- After cake is removed from oven allow to cool for five minutes.
- While cake is cooling, cover a clean dishtowel with powdered sugar.
- Remove cake from cookie sheet using wax paper.
- Place cake side down on powdered towel and remove wax paper from cake.
- Roll the cake in dishtowel and allow to cool completely.
- After cake is cool, unroll from towel and spread on filling.
- Reroll the cake without the towel and wrap tightly with saran wrap.
- Place in the fridge and allow to chill.