Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These parfaits are almost as delicious as pumpkin pie, and wayyyy easier on the waistline. I think this may have a spot on our Thanksgiving table this year!
- 28.34 g fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix (or use cheesecake)
- 473.18 ml skim milk
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree (or approx 1/2 of a 15oz can)
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 236.59-473.18 ml Cool Whip Lite
- 4 low-fat cinnamon graham crackers (or use gingerbread cookies)
- 59.14 ml pecans (I used Planters Cinnamon Pecans)
- Prepare pudding according to package directions. Be sure to whisk for the full two minutes as the box instructs to ensure creamy texture.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Allow to set up in the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes (longer is better).
- In 4 small glasses (I used juice glasses), spoon in about 1/3 cup of pumpkin pudding, spreading with a spoon to create an even layer.
- Next, add a layer of cool whip, followed by the last layer of pumpkin pudding.
- Top with a dollop of cool whip and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers and pecans.
- Enjoy immediately while graham crackers are still crunchy.
A nice change from pumpkin pie, and a lot less "heavy" after a huge Thanksgiving dinner. I used the cheesecake flavor pudding as suggested. Thanks for a keeper!
I was worried about making this for our Thanksgiving Dinner at work b/c it was my first time making it, but it turned out really great. I did alter the recipe a little bit, though. I used sugar-free French Vanilla pudding instead of vanilla pudding and I added an 8 oz blocked of cream cheese and a cup of powdered sugar to the cool whip. I also omitted the pecans b/c I'm not a big fan. It was great, though, and I've already had a request for next year.