As I can't have neither dairy nor soy and rice milk cannot be steamed, I thought of another way to get a creamy "cappuccino". If you have fresh organic eggs which are safe to eat raw or warmed, make this as suggested. If not, just use steamed milk or soymilk on top of your coffee! But I found this to be a great protein post work out snack.
- Brew coffe as you're used to. It should be really steaming hot. Stir in molasses.
- Place egg, rice milk and pumpkin pie spice in a blender and blend until foamy.
- Slow speed down and slowly drizzle in the steaming hot, sweetened coffe.
- As soon as all coffee is incorporated in the egg mixture, give it another whirl at high speed.
- Serve immediately.
- If made with steamed milk, stir half of the spice and molasses into the coffee and heat the other half of the spice with the milk. Steam milk and top coffee with steamed spiced milk.
I was surprised by how frothy and filling this was; it stayed with me not only through my work out but most of the morning. The molasses really brings it to this tasty coffee. The only change I made was to use almond milk instead of rice milk. I think I would like to try making this using ginger bread spice. Thanks for the post.
WOW, all of the flavors come through loud and clear. For a coffee it's quite substantial for a snack all on it's own but I can surely imaging ginger cookies paired with this :D. If your not a real molasses fan you might prefer .5 Tbsp and some sugar or Splenda but don't skip it. The molasses is central to the overall essence of the beverage. I used whipped skim milk for the topping.