Recipe by Mia in Germany
As I can't have neither dairy nor soy and rice milk cannot be steamed, I thought of another way to get a creamy "cappuccino". If you have fresh organic eggs which are safe to eat raw or warmed, make this as suggested. If not, just use steamed milk or soymilk on top of your coffee! But I found this to be a great protein post work out snack.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I used an egg from the weekly dozen we receive from a local farm. I whisked together coconut milk, egg and spices-gently warming the mixture on the stove top. Added the molasses then brewed two servings of coffee and divided the egg mixture. A dollop of whipped coconut cream was the icing on the cake, so to speak. Coffee eggnog! Yum! Made for Beverage Tag.
Directions See How It's Made
- Brew coffe as you're used to. It should be really steaming hot. Stir in molasses.
- Place egg, rice milk and pumpkin pie spice in a blender and blend until foamy.
- Slow speed down and slowly drizzle in the steaming hot, sweetened coffe.
- As soon as all coffee is incorporated in the egg mixture, give it another whirl at high speed.
- Serve immediately.
- If made with steamed milk, stir half of the spice and molasses into the coffee and heat the other half of the spice with the milk. Steam milk and top coffee with steamed spiced milk.