Entered for safe-keeping, from Clean Eating, Fall 2008.
Make and share this Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal (Clean Eating) recipe from Food.com.
- In a small pot, bring milk and 6 tablespoons water to a boil over medium heat.
- Add oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg, Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the liquid is absorbed, stir in pumpkin, almonds and (optional) sweetener; set aside.
- Combine 1/8 cup water and protein powder in a separate bowl. Mix with a fork until protein is dissolved. For a smoother consistency, mix powder and water in a blender or food processor and blend until protein powder is dissolved. If sweetener is desired, choose your favorite natural sweetener, such as stevia.
- Pour protein powder mixture over oatmeat and serve.