Entered for safe-keeping, from Clean Eating, Fall 2008.
Make and share this Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal (Clean Eating) recipe from Food.com.
- In a small pot, bring milk and 6 tablespoons water to a boil over medium heat.
- Add oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg, Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the liquid is absorbed, stir in pumpkin, almonds and (optional) sweetener; set aside.
- Combine 1/8 cup water and protein powder in a separate bowl. Mix with a fork until protein is dissolved. For a smoother consistency, mix powder and water in a blender or food processor and blend until protein powder is dissolved. If sweetener is desired, choose your favorite natural sweetener, such as stevia.
- Pour protein powder mixture over oatmeat and serve.
This was pretty good. I used more pumpkin and water, so left out the milk. I also used pumpkin pie spice instead of nutmeg, and skipped the almonds. Overall this was a tasty and healthy breakfast. Thanks for the recipe.
Delish. I didn't have stevia do I just sprinkled with sugar, and didn't have any protein powder. I will certainly make again. Made for zarr star tag.
Delicious and healthy! I didn't use the almonds because I didn't have any, but still tasted great. This is a great way to give plain old oatmeal a boost in flavor. I used Splenda....so it probably wasn't as 'clean' but I don't even know what Stevia is!