My family enjoys this version of french toast. I make this for OAMC also. You can use any type of bread you like. I have used white and Texas toast also.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin and pie spice until smooth.
- Dip each side of the bread and cook on a hot, greased griddle or skillet.
- Flip after 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve with syrup or however you like to eat your french toast.
- If freezing, let cool completely and freeze.
It is a frech toast that tastes like pumpkin pie!!! I made 1/3 of the recipe to get 4 pieces of french toast. The batter is very thick, so you will need to scrap off of each after coating, in order to cover all the pieces of bread. I served ours with butter and maple syrup, yummy!!! Made for Please Review My Recipe Game.
Delicious fall-twist to a classic! I don't use pumpkin pie spice, I use my own mix of cinnamon, nutmeg & allspice for all pumpkin recipes. Worked great in this as well. Agreed that you must lightly scrape the excess off the bread or it would just be too much.
This Is GREAT .!