Recipe by Stacky5
A variation of pumpkin pie that can be handy when there's no time to make a crust. The cake mix forms a 'cookie crust' for this pie made in a cake pan. Recipe courtesy of CooksRecipes.
Top Review by Calee
I wish I could give this more than 5 stars! Excellent. It does taste like pumpkin pie! So easy to make the crust does form a cookie like base which is very lovely with the additon of ground pecans. This cake is not overly sweet, just right for us. Next time I would like to up the pumpkin pie spice. Mine baked up nicely in 44 minutes. Topped with whipped cream and more ground pecans. Thanks for another great recipe!!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, nuts and butter until well mixed. Press mixture into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined. Spread over crumb mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set and tip of knife inserted into center of pan comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and top with sweetened whipped cream if desired.