Recipe by dojemi
I just received this via email from a local market. Looks interesting and just in time for Thanksgiving.
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell (4-cup volume)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, egg and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl; stir well.
- Spread over bottom of pie shell.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla extract in same bowl; stir in nuts.
- Spoon over pumpkin layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.