Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an adaption that I have yet to try. Its just waiting for a brave soul to come along and taste it!! Raisins or nuts being added would give it an even greater texture.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and peanut butter; beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gradually add to pumpkin mixture; mix well.
- Pour into two greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
This is great pumpkin bread but it definately needed more cinnamon and nutmeg, also I might try adding in 1/2 teaspoon baking powder next time I make it, thanks for sharing Topher!...Kitten:)