Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Pumpkin Pasta With Sausage and Wild Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 lb shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- ground cinnamon (a pinch)
- 3⁄4-1 lb penne or 3⁄4-1 lb cellantani pasta
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat a deep skillet over med-high heat; add in olive oil and sausage.
- Brown the sausage and crumble it with a wooden spoon.
- Move the sausage to one side of the pan; add in the mushrooms, garlic, and onion to the other side of the pan.
- Cook until the mushrooms brown, then season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the sausage and veggies; deglaze the pan with the wine.
- Add in the chicken stock; heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in the pumpkin; it will be thick; stir in the cream, sage, nutmeg, and cinnamon; adjust seasoning with salt and pepper; reduce heat to low.
- Add salt and pasta to the boiling water; cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta well and add it to the pumpkin mixture; top with cheese and chives.