Good any time of the year! My husband loves to grow pumpkins, so I have lots of pumpkin puree in my freezer, but canned puree works the same. Squash could also be used. The vinegar's purpose is to sour the milk and make these lighter. Yummy and filling!
- Combine the pumpkin, egg, milk, vinegar and oil. (I use the blender.).
- Combine the remaining dry ingredients then add to the pumpkin mixture. Stir just till combined-DON'T overmix; a few small lumps are ok.
- Heat a buttered griddle over medium low heat. (It's ready when a drop of water sizzles on it.).
- Cook the pancakes till light golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
- Great served with butter and maple syrup or apple butter!