Recipe by Nana Lee
Pumpkin Orange Cheesecake makes a delicious finale to even the simplest meal. Baked in a springform pan and served chilled this cheesecake will bring rave reviews from family and friends. Chilling time not included.
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, softened (NeufchÃƒ tel)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3⁄4 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream or 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- FOR CRUST:.
- COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- FOR CHEESECAKE:.
- BEAT cream cheese, ricotta cheese and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add pumpkin, 3 tablespoons orange juice, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and orange peel; beat until well blended.
- Add egg substitute and beat just until blended. Pour into crust.
- BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until edges are set but center still moves slightly. ool in pan to room temperature on wire rack; spread with Topping.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan.
- FOR TOPPING:.
- COMBINE sour cream, granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon orange juice in small bowl.