Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are hearty-yet-fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth pancakes. They are perfect for cool, fall morning, and hearty enough for downright cold winter days. Eat 'em for breakfast, or dinner. Enjoy!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup cold milled flax seed
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt, greek-style
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients only.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined; don't overmix.
- Set aside.
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees, or heat frying pan on stovetop.
- Ladle pancakes onto griddle or fry pan.
- Cook approximately 3 minutes on first side, then flip; cook approximately 2 minutes on second side.