Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
5 stars for us and on http://www.celiac.com. This is modified from a recipe by Belinda Meeker. Serve them after cooling for best texture, not straight from the oven.
- 9 ounces pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract (I use a little less vanilla paste)
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour (Use your favorite mix)
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 cup brown sugar (you may use 3/4 cup if you prefer it less sweet)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 eggs (or Ener-G egg replacer)
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup granulated brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and add the wet, stir with a mixing spoon softly until combined--don't stir a lot just blend.
- Gently fold in pumpkin mixture until blended.
- Let it rest for 7-10 minutes and put cupcake papers in pan, oil them.
- Fill each paper cup very well for nice voluminous muffins.
- Top with topping mixture and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Place on wire rack until cool.
These are moist and yummy! For the gluten free flour I used Gluten-Free Flour Mix #470769. I agree with Mikekey that these were plenty sweet without the topping. These are 10 stars, as Mikekey says; I took them to work and they disappeared three times faster than anything else I've brought in -- I promised my co-workers to make these a regular. Thanks, UmmBinat! Made for Best of 2011 Cookbook tag game.
10 stars for us! I am fairly new at making G/F baked goods (trying to cut down on the carbs from wheat) and these are the best I have tried. They are a little high in sugar, and I may cut that a bit next time, and didn't do the topping for that reason, but they didn't need it! I also didn't bother with the paper liners, just spray my muffin tins with cooking spray. I used my own blend of sorghum flour, tapioca flour and buckwheat flour. These are a nice, high muffin and VERY moist! Thanks for this keeper!
yummy, they come out nice and moist, i did add extra spice, i didn't measure but i am pretty sure i doubled the spice amounts :)