Pumpkin Maple Banana Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, put cereal, milk, oil and melted butter. Let sit for a few minutes to soften the bran.
- In a smaller bowl, combine whole wheat flour, white flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, mace (or nutmeg) and cloves. Mix well, being sure to get the lumps out of the brown sugar.
- Once the cereal is softened, add pumpkin puree, mashed banana, maple extract and egg. Mix well.
- Gently mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients by third, being careful not to overmix.
- Top muffins with pumpkin seeds and granulated or sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.