Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from Top 20 Pumpkin Recipes.
Make and share this Pumpkin Liqueur recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups pumpkin juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 -4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups vodka (100 proof vodka)
- Place pumpkin juice into a medium saucepan, add ginger, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon sticks. Reduce pumpkin juice by half till you have 2 cups concentrated spice juice.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and strain the juice through a coffee filter that has been placed in a filter holder or mesh strainer. You can strain it through a cheese cloth. This will take a while.
- Rinse out the pan to remove the spice residue. Pour the reduced and strained juice back into it and add sugars.
- Bring to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Once the mixture has reached a full rolling boil, remove from the burner.
- Allow the mixture to cool before proceeding.
- Once the syrup has cooled, add the vodka and vanilla.
- Pour this mixture into sterilized jar or bottle.
- Allow to age in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Keep refrigerated and shake before each use.