Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful Thanksgiving variation of Pumpkin Pie.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (standard size)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Beat together pumpkin, milk, sugar, and eggs.
- Add salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Mix well and pour into 9X13X2 pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Melt butter and drizzle melted evenly over all.
- Sprinkle on nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cool and top with Cool Whip when serving.
This is way better and simpler than pumkin pie!!