Pumpkin Dump Cake
photo by KareBear506
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces pumpkin puree
- 13 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, spice, eggs and sugar. Pour into ungreased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with dry cake mix. Next sprinkle with melted butter. Top with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until firm. May take a little longer.
We love this recipe! I make it several times during the autumn season and always get rave reviews. I've reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup and reduced the butter to 1/2 cup and still get great results. To make the cake prettier, I've cut the butter into the cake mix and stirred in the pecans before spreading over the pumpkin topping.<br/>Thanks for sharing this simple, wonderful dessert.
see 9 more reviews
I made it in a smaller pan because that was what I had. Added 15 - 20 minutes cook time and it was perfect. Family is 50/50 on the nuts so I excluded them and did a cinnamon sugar coating on the top (snickerdoodle flavor). I used a full 29 ounce can of pumpkin because I didn't want to waste it and it made the pumpkin flavor stand out.