Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a traditional holiday flavored pumpkin dessert. EVERY pumpkin lover, LOVES this recipe (some prefer without nuts) so I can omit the nuts on half of it easily. It tastes like a crust less pumpkin pie with a delicious crumble on top. YUMM-O!! It's a dump cake so it doesn't get any easier than this. After the first time I tasted this recipe I added it to our annual holiday menu.
- Mix first 6 ingredients together. Lightly coat the inside of a 9X13 pan with Pam spray. Pour mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle the top of pumpkin mixture with dry cake mix. Layer chopped walnuts over top of cake mix. Drizzle butter over top of nuts.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour. Top will brown.
- It is done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack in the pan before cutting into bars, store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Whip cream on top is optional.
This was amazing! Thank you SO much for your recipe. I served it warm with ice cream and it was a hit. A very nice alternative to traditional pumpkin pie.