Recipe by Chef Sharon R
This is a traditional holiday flavored pumpkin dessert. EVERY pumpkin lover, LOVES this recipe (some prefer without nuts) so I can omit the nuts on half of it easily. It tastes like a crust less pumpkin pie with a delicious crumble on top. YUMM-O!! It's a dump cake so it doesn't get any easier than this. After the first time I tasted this recipe I added it to our annual holiday menu.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 6 ingredients together. Lightly coat the inside of a 9X13 pan with Pam spray. Pour mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle the top of pumpkin mixture with dry cake mix. Layer chopped walnuts over top of cake mix. Drizzle butter over top of nuts.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour. Top will brown.
- It is done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack in the pan before cutting into bars, store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Whip cream on top is optional.