Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was determined to make a vegan custard, not the easiest thing since custard is basically made of eggs; After a bit of research I came upon this quick and easy no cook recipe which provided the inspiration for my custard base. I am quite intrigued with this no fuss method of making custard and look forward to using it for many other flavor variations. http://www.elanaspantry.com/desserts/pumpkin-custard/
- 118.29 ml cashews
- 14.79 ml agar-agar flakes
- 0.25 ml celtic sea salt
- 295.73 ml water, boiling
- 354.88 ml pumpkin (or other winter squash)
- 59.14 ml agave nectar (plus a little more if you want it sweeter)
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92-9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.25 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml lemon zest
- Place cashews, agar and salt in a blender and process to a fine powder.
- Pour boiling water into blender and process on high speed.
- Add pumpkin, agave and vanilla and process again until smooth.
- Blend in cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and lemon zest.
- Pour custard into ramekins or half cup mason jars.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.