Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are very moist and rise very high when baked, they are fairly sweet so you may wish to reduce the sugar by a few tablespoons. You may also bake in jumbo muffin tins to yield 10 and increasing the baking time. These are very good!
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 425.24 g canpure pumpkin puree
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml whipping cream, unwhipped
- 828.06 ml sifted confectioners' sugar
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Prepare 18 muffin tins fitted with paper liners fitted in each tin.
- For the cupcakes; In a large mixing bowl beat together the oil with eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and vanilla until well combined.
- In another bowl combine the flour with the next 4 ingredients; add to the pumpkin mixture and beat until well combined.
- Fill each tin about three-quarters full.
- Bake for about 18-22 minutes or until cupcakes test done.
- Cool completely before filling.
- For the frosting; in a bowl beat the cream cheese with butter, vanilla and cream until fluffy.
- Add in confectioners sugar and beat until creamy (adding in more cream or milk if necessary to achieve the right consistency for spreading).
- Spread onto the top of each cooled cupcake.
Couldn't get better....my kids loved these and are super easy to make. They are similar to a pumkin roll without all the extra mess :)
Oh wow! I LOVE this recipe. I made these cupcakes for my son's 18th birthday since he loves pumplin pie. He loved them. I am not a fan of pumpkin myself but these won me over. My whole family raved about them.
I did make a few changes though. I added 1/4f of ginger and nutmeg. They were savory and not very sweet which went well with the cream cheese. I recommend this recipe to anyone even if you don't care for pumpkin. Yes it's that good.
Once again, can't go wrong with a recipe from Kittencal!! I made this tonight to bring to work and it was SOOO GOOD! Super moist, full of pumpkin flavor, and easy to make! It made 24 cupcakes for me.