Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are very moist and rise very high when baked, they are fairly sweet so you may wish to reduce the sugar by a few tablespoons. You may also bake in jumbo muffin tins to yield 10 and increasing the baking time. These are very good!
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) canpure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, unwhipped
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Prepare 18 muffin tins fitted with paper liners fitted in each tin.
- For the cupcakes; In a large mixing bowl beat together the oil with eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and vanilla until well combined.
- In another bowl combine the flour with the next 4 ingredients; add to the pumpkin mixture and beat until well combined.
- Fill each tin about three-quarters full.
- Bake for about 18-22 minutes or until cupcakes test done.
- Cool completely before filling.
- For the frosting; in a bowl beat the cream cheese with butter, vanilla and cream until fluffy.
- Add in confectioners sugar and beat until creamy (adding in more cream or milk if necessary to achieve the right consistency for spreading).
- Spread onto the top of each cooled cupcake.