Recipe by iewe
This uses a box cake mix for the base of this recipe. Since box cake mixes require different things, the ingredient list here does not include whatever ingredients that the cake mix itself might call for (i.e. eggs, etc.). Time listed does not include cooling time.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 16 ounces bars cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 24 pieces candy corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the cake mix as directed but with the following change: Add the pumpkin pie spice and substitute the can of pumpkin puree for the water called for in the package directions.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tins lined with paper liners and bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool.
- While cupcakes are baking, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Spread on the cupcakes and top each with a piece of candy corn.