Recipe by ChefChic
A reduced-calorie version of a soup found in Vegetarian Cooking Around the World.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan. Add onion and saute until soft but not browned, stirring constantly. Add curry powder and cook 2 minutes more.
- Place onion in a food processor or blender with parsley and blend with pumpking and salt until smooth.
- Add milk to processor and blend again until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan and stir in broth. Heat gradually over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm with a pinch of parsley on top or a dollop of sour cream seasoned with cinnamon (1/3 c sour cream with 1/8 t cinnamon is the proper proportion).