Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sounds like a mouthful and it IS a mouthful. A delicious mouthful that is.
- 395.10 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, tightly packed
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree, cooked
- 113.39 g unsalted butter, melted
- 236.59 ml chocolate-covered raisins (or more if you like)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugars, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, pumpkin, and unsalted butter. .
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate covered raisins.
- Scoop batter into greased or paper cup lined muffin cups. Bake for about 20- 22 minutes or until puffed and springy to the touch. Cool then remove from cups.
I originally saw this recipe on Peabody's website but came here looking for it because I wanted to reduce the amount of muffins it made. I have to say, wow! I couldn't believe how good these are. I would recommend anyone to try it. 5 stars!
Sooooo good! The only thing I did different was to mix the sugars in with the wet ingredients instead of the dry. Used dark chocolate raisins. Rotated the pan half-way through the bake time for more even cooking. My oven took 22 minutes. Thanks for the recipe!