Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Notice the little hand trying to steal one from the plate!!!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin (1/2 of 15 ounce can)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 12 medium muffin tins, or 6 jumbo muffin tins. Mix all ingredients with hand mixer, or in stand mixer. Bake for 20-25 minutes (a little longer for the jumbo muffins!).
- I double the recipe so that I could use the whole can of pumpkin. It made 12 regular size muffins and 6 jumbo muffins! The kids enjoyed these as "breakfast dessert" after they ate their cereal!
- Can you have dessert after breakfast?!?