Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 20 mins
This is so simple and easy thanks to Rhodes prefrozen bread.
Make and share this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf rhodes frozen bread dough, baked and cooled
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Remove crusts from baked bread and cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, half and half, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, salt and spices. Mix well. Add the bread cubes and chocolate chips and toss gently.
- Pour into a sprayed 8-inch square baking pan. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with brown sugar and bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream.
I made this last night and everyone loved it. It was so delicious and easy. It would be even easier if you just bought a loaf of bread from the bakery. It was not as moist around the edges as it was in the middle so next time I will make sure that the edges get plenty of the liquid mixture. Great!