Kozmic Blues's Note:
Light and fluffy, yet rich and creamy. Perfect if your looking for a change from plain pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. The rum extract adds a really nice flavor to this too. The brand of tofu cream cheese I prefer to use is Tofutti brand, the non-hydrogenated kind comes with a YELLOW lable, and is available in Whole Foods, or most well stocked supermarkets. Also, I like the technique of leaving the baked cheesecake in the oven to cool. There were NO CRACKS!! Basic recipe from The Vegetarian Meat and Potatoes Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, vegan (about 12 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine, melted (I use Earth Balance)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly oil an 8-inch springform pan or coat with nonstick spray.
- 3Place the crumbs directly into the pan, add the melted margarine and toss with fork to combine.
- 4Press the crumbs evenly against the bottom and side of the pan and set aside.
- 5Place the tofu cream cheese in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the pumpkin and process until blended.
- 6Add the sugar, rum extract, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg and process until well blended.
- 7Spread the filling evenly into the prepared crust.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes, or until firm.
- 9Turn off the oven and allow cheesecake to cool in the oven for 30 minutes to an hour without opening the oven door.
- 10Remove from oven and allow to cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake - Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.3
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
soy cream cheese