1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Cheesecake Topped Chocolate Bundt Cake W. Dulce De Leche
1 hr 15 mins
Claire #3's Note:
This is a recipe I made up, so try at your own risk ;). Just kidding. It actually works. I've tested it twice and so have a few friends. This cake gets moister the longer it sits, so it's a good make ahead if you like really moist cakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pumpkin Cheesecake Topping
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/8 teaspoon cloves, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg)
- 6 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch processed)
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped or 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons very hot brewed coffee
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with flour-added cooking spray.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese and both sugars until smooth. Thoroughly stir (do not beat) in eggs, pumpkin, cornstarch, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice or spice combo. Pour into bundt pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- 3While pumpkin mixture bakes, combine cocoa and chocolate in a small saucepan; pour hot coffee over chocolate and whisk until smooth – if coffee is not hot enough to melt chocolate, turn heat to medium and heat just enough so that chocolate melts; Remove from heat (if using) and whisk in sour cream.
- 4In a second bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Using electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and continue beating for another minute.
- 5By hand, stir 1/3 of the flour mixture into batter. Add half of the chocolate/sour cream mixture and stir until incorporated. Scrape bowl and add remaining flour mixture and all of remaining chocolate mixture. Stir in chocolate mini chips.
- 6Remove bundt cake pan from oven and quickly pour chocolate mixture over pumpkin. Return to oven and bake for 42 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted into center comes out with few crumbs attached.
- 7Cool in pan 30 minutes, then invert cake onto parchment paper or cake plate. Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour, then transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- 8Before serving, drizzle with dulce de leche or caramel sauce.
- 9Store cake in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake Topped Chocolate Bundt Cake W. Dulce De Leche
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.0
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 124.5 mg
- Sodium 372.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 7.4 g