Luscious Lemon Bundt Cake W/Lemony Cream Cheese Frosting
photo by A Good Thing
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 3 -6 lemons
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan.
- From lemons, grate 2 tablespoons peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- In bowl with mixer on low speed, blend sugar and butter. On high, beat 3 minutes.
- On low, beat in eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in peel and juice.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes, then invert onto rack.
- In bowl, with mixer on low speed, blend sugar, butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in juice and vanilla.
- On high, beat until fluffy.
- Spread over cooled cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 7 more reviews