1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
This recipe is a lighter version of an old classic. It was printed in the December 2004 edition of Prevention Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Spray a 13 x 9 inch non-stick cooking pan lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In a large bowl begin mixing the cake by adding the Splenda, brown sugar, oil, egg substitute and pumpkin.
- 4Mix until well blended.
- 5Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, non-fat dry milk powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt; mixing well.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 7Cook cake completely before frosting.
- 8Prepare the frosting by beating the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, maple flavoring, Splenda and confectioners sugar in a medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended.
- 9Frost cake, sprinkle with crystallized ginger and chopped walnuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 262.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
imitation maple flavor