Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I received this recipe from a dear friend of mine one Thanksgiving holiday so I can't take all the credit. Since making it that year it has become a special request every Thanksgiving and Christmas from family and friends. Some people will be scared of the fact that it's a PUMPKIN cake but when they try it, they will soon forget :) --- Enjoy!
- 16 ounces pumpkin puree (not pie filling, just pumpkin)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat pumpkin, sugar, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to pumpkin mixture, beating until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan/dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center tests done.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting:.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Frost cake.
FABULOUS!!! I have made this 3 times in the last 3 weeks. It was an instant hit with my family-the kids LOVED it-and so do I:). I highly recommend others try this recipe. Thanks for posting.