Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Spoon into jars.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 3 months.
I followed the directions exactly, but it didn't taste good, and the mouth feel was gross. I ended up throwing it away. It looks like everyone else had better luck with it, so it's quite possible i just did something wrong. Oh well! :(
This is a great recipe to actualy taste the pumpkin. I cubed and boiled good homegrown pumpkins. Blended cooked pumpkin with less suger and dumped puree in a crock-pot on high to remove some water. It took all day from pumpkin in the field to 8 jars, well 7, one jar got eaten with club-style crackers.
This was so easy and quick to make! Perfect fall treat! The instructions were clear and easy to follow too. Thanks for a great recipe!