Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Aunt Mary's pumpkin butter.
Make and share this Pumpkin Butter recipe from Food.com.
- Halve pumpkins and place in a Pyrex cooking pan with 1 cup of water.
- Bake at 450°F for 1 to 1 ½ hours upside down, till pumpkin is soft.
- Scrape out pumpkin, put in food processor, and puree.
- Put on cheesecloth and strain over night, over a separate bowl.
- Combine all ingredients, in a crock-pot, and cook on high, or on stove top on low, stir occasionally for 4 hours.
- Put into sterile jars and seal. makes approximately 5 ½ pints.