Recipe by Aunty Mary
Aunt Mary's pumpkin butter.
Top Review by Kathryn Kristine
This is a wonderful recipe... and the smell of it cooking is fantastic! Had an excess of (small) pumpkins from this year's harvest, and this was an excellent choice for them. Just in time the holidays, too. Preparing some as gifts for my foodie friends. :) Went with real sugar and brown sugar vs. Splenda option. Very pleased with outcome.
- 10 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking or 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Splenda brown sugar blend or 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve pumpkins and place in a Pyrex cooking pan with 1 cup of water.
- Bake at 450°F for 1 to 1 ½ hours upside down, till pumpkin is soft.
- Scrape out pumpkin, put in food processor, and puree.
- Put on cheesecloth and strain over night, over a separate bowl.
- Combine all ingredients, in a crock-pot, and cook on high, or on stove top on low, stir occasionally for 4 hours.
- Put into sterile jars and seal. makes approximately 5 ½ pints.