1 hr 40 mins
gemini jodi's Note:
NOT gluten-free, but I'm working on that. A family favorite, I give my GF son some of his gluten-free pumpkin bread with the caramel sauce when we have this dish. In a pinch, I used evaporated milk instead of half & half, seemed to be just as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 473.18 ml half-and-half or 473.18 ml eggnog
- 425.24 g pumpkin
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 7.39 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 2365.9 ml cinnamon raisin bread or 2365.9 ml challah bread, cubed into 1/2-inch pieces
- 177.44 ml raisins (can use less if using raisin bread)
- 177.44 ml pecans, chopped
- 354.88 ml whipping cream (optional)
- 59.14 ml extra-fine sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray 11x7 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3Whisk half & half/eggnog, pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, spices & vanilla in large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- 4Fold in bread cubes, raisins & pecans.
- 5Pour into baking dish, let stand for 15 minutes.
- 6Bake until tester inserted in middle comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- 7Caramel sauce:.
- 8Over medium heat, in medium saucepan, whisk brown sugar & butter until gets to a rolling boil. Whisk in whipping cream, lower heat, continue whisking until sauce is smooth & thickens a bit. Should still be a pouring consistency.
- 9Whipped cream:.
- 10Whip whipping cream & extra-fine sugar together in chilled mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Use to garnish bread pudding & caramel sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.8
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 113.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 50.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon raisin bread