Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 lb firm French bread
- 2 cups half-and-half (half milk, half cream)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 15 ounces pumpkin pie filling (seasoned)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- whipped cream
- Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Tear the bread into medium pieces.
- Add to a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle on the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Add the half and half and pumpkin mix.
- Toss the mixture with the bread.
- Place half in the casserole.
- Add the raisins and pecans.
- Top with the other half of the mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until firm and lightly brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.