Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe from my mom. A very moist bread that my own children love to have for a snack.
- 1 can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup cold water
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together pumpkin, eggs, oil and cold water.
- Sift together sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Mix dry ingredients with pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into two greased bread pans.
- Bake 350 degrees for one hour.
My sister in law makes this recipe and it is wonderful! I have hers saved on here because I couldn't submit it- and just finally found yours to know why! Great bread - a little more dense than some - very tasty!!!
I made 2 loaves of pumpkin bread today..The kitchen smelled wonderful while it was baking..I used brown sugar in place of regular sugar..1/2 tsp baking powder.1 tsp cloves...Very moist bread..
H?i there,Boy was this some good bread!!!! It was very light,but good and moist and very delicious.I used this recipe to make my Christmas bread,and will use it again next year,as it was wonderful.Thanx,Darlene