Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an old recipe given to me by my great aunt. it is a great old fashion pumpkin bread!
- 5 cups flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (13 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- mix flour, cinnamon, cloves, sugar, salt and soda in a large bowl.
- in a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, egg, and oil with electric mixer; only mix until just blended slowly add flour to liquid mixture with hand mixer just until blended nicely.
- divide mix into 3 lightly buttered loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool in pans on wire racks.
- turn out over wire rack and store.
- Should enjoy within 4-5 days.
- Can be frozen if you desire to keep for a later date.
Angela, I wasnt sure about this as I put it in the pans but the smell was so good! Mine did take a little longer to bake, almost 75 minutes but I did use a 15 oz can of pumpkin too. They tasted great this morning with a light spread of butter, next time I may cut back on the cloves though as they stand out in the bread. TY for a bread I will make again.