1 hr 5 mins
I made this earlier today and it was absolutely fabulous!! It's virtually identical to the pumpkin bread that Bob Evans Restaurants sell and nicely moist and slices easily. Half of it was gone before it even cooled!! My husband said it was identical to the expensive restaurant bread. I will make this again!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F Grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.**.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs.
- 3Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- 4Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for 55 mins to 60 mins (1 hour). The top of the loaf.
- 6should spring back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- 7**NOTE** I use silicone loaf pans which I highly recommend. I still spray them with Pam because I'm paranoid but everything I bake FALLS right out of the pan. I've been using them since 2006 when I got my first silicone bundt pan and it worked so well that I threw away ALL my other baking pans and bought all silicone--including the mats to bake cookies on. I can't recommend them highly enough--THEY TOTALLY ROCK!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.9
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 643.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 67.4 g
- Protein 8.7 g