Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I made this earlier today and it was absolutely fabulous!! It's virtually identical to the pumpkin bread that Bob Evans Restaurants sell and nicely moist and slices easily. Half of it was gone before it even cooled!! My husband said it was identical to the expensive restaurant bread. I will make this again!!
- 3 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree (which is the large 29 oz can, use it all)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 2⁄3 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- baking powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F Grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.**.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 mins to 60 mins (1 hour). The top of the loaf.
- should spring back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- **NOTE** I use silicone loaf pans which I highly recommend. I still spray them with Pam because I'm paranoid but everything I bake FALLS right out of the pan. I've been using them since 2006 when I got my first silicone bundt pan and it worked so well that I threw away ALL my other baking pans and bought all silicone--including the mats to bake cookies on. I can't recommend them highly enough--THEY TOTALLY ROCK!
Best Pumpkin bread I have ever made. The only additional thing I did was add 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder. These also made great muffins. BIG HIT in my family!!