Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious addition to a Thanksgiving feast. Can be made in loaf pans, bundt pans or as cupcakes and freezes extremely well. serve with sweetened , whipped cream cheese.I think this recipe came from Bon Appetite about 25-30 years ago.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease at least 1 large ring mold.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin and eggs in a large bowl and beat with mixer until wsell blended.
- Add oil (or applesauce) and beat to combine.
- Thoroughly blend in flour, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Sir in dates and nuts.
- Fill prepared pan or pans 3/4 full to allow3 for rising during baking.
- Bake about 1 hour (in bundt pan or ring bold) or until toothpick inserted near center of bread comes out clean and bread has pulled away slightly from sides of pan.
- Serve with sweetened, whipped cream cheese.