1 hr 30 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
This was a holiday tradition when I was growing up. My mom and I would sit at the table cracking the nuts for this bread and talk about everything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml coarsely chopped walnuts
- 473.18 ml coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 709.77 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 3.69 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 1 milk
- 29.58 ml maple syrup
- 1Grease 2 loaf pans or one bundt cake pan.
- 2Place nuts in bottom of pans; set aside.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 4Beat butter in a large bowl on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- 5Add both sugars and vanilla; beat for 1 or 2 minutes until well mixed.
- 6Add eggs one at a time, beating just until combine after each egg.
- 7Stir in pumpkin.
- 8Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beating on low speed after each addition until well mixed and scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pans and smooth tops.
- 10Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- 12Remove from pans.
- 13Cool completely, nut sides up.
- 14To serve, place nut sides up.
- 15Brush with syrup.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.8
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 165.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: