Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was made famous throughout the South in the 1980's by White Lily Flour.
Make and share this Pumpkin Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup moderately coarsely chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon into bowl; set aside.
- Mix eggs, pumpkin, sugar and oil in large bowl, beating well to blend.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, beating well to combine.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Turn mixture onto ungreased 15x10-inch jelly- roll pan and bake for 15-30 minutes, until springy to touch.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Leave plain or, if you like, spread with cream cheese frosting (see recipe #55530).
- Cut into bars.
These are excellent!!! I made them without the nuts, at my husband's request and the omission didn't hurt them one bit. They are so moist and chewy--and they freeze very well. Thanks Bev. I'll definitely make them again.
Yummy, Delicious made them just like the recipe said and frosted them with your Cream Cheese Frosting. Everyone loved them. The recipe is a Keeper.
This is one of my husband's favorite desserts, especially with the cream cheese frosting. He even requested them in lieu of a cake for his birthday last year! A true classic.