Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Served this with quiche at a dinner party. Everyone said the same this "I wasn't sure about the first bite but by bite three I was hooked" the gorgonzola has a bit of a bite - so adjust amount to your taste. Recipe from Meals.com
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 large green onion, finely chopped
- cook pumpkin, chicken stock and sage in large saucepan, stirring frequently, until comes to a boil.
- stir in evaporated milk and cheese.
- reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, until most of cheese is melted.
- sprinkle with green onion beofre servin.
- season with ground black pepper.
This is easy to prepare and has a nice taste. I expected a more pronounced flavor. Black pepper helped, but not enough. This is definately a unique and fun to try soup. Thanks for sharing with us.
I cut back the gorgonzola to 1/2 cup. This soup is something unique and out of the ordinary. It was delicious!