Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
Healthy and substantial enough for a light lunch.
- 3 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled deseeded, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (or less)
- 1 ciabatta, load several days old
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup basil, torn
- Toss pumpkin in olive oil, season with salt, and roast at 200 Degrees C for 30 minutes.
- Tear bread into chunks, toss in oil and salt place on baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Combine all salad ingredients in bowl and toss well to combine.
- Combine vinegar and garlc with a good pinch salt and whisk well until salt dissolves and mixture emulsifies.
- Pour over salad and toss well. Stand for 1 hour to allow flavours to develop.
- Toss through basil just before serving.