Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Savoury pumpkin soup, light on calories and delivers flavour
- 4 cups peeled chopped potkin pumpkin
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 2 green apples, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 6 cups good chicken stock
- In a heavy based pan, sweat onions, celery and garlic in a little butter or oil until soft, add pumpkin, apple and rosemary and stir to combine.
- Add chicken stock to pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer uncovered for 40 mins until tender.
- Blend with stick blender until smooth.
- Serve hot topped with a dollop of plain yoghurt and a few pumpkin seeds toasted in a little walnut oil.