Recipe by Abba Gimel
I was served this Deli Roll for a Shabbat appetizer at a friend's house, and I immediately knew the recipe was destined for my personal adaptation for a spicier appetite. Everyone, including the kids, loved the look and taste of this easy to prepare first course. **** New optional toppings. I love everything bagels so I tried it on the deli roll. Onions, sesame & poppy seeds, sea salt & garlic powder. Got to try it!!! it is great! **** New Idea ***** roll a cabanos (Polish Sausage) in the middle.
- 1⁄2 kg frozen puff pastry, defrosted (half sheet)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 100 g deli chicken (smoked, BBQ, honey roasted, grilled, etc)
- 100 g deli roast beef (smoked, roasted, grilled, etc)
- 100 g deli turkey (smoked, BBQ, honey roasted, grilled, etc)
- 1 Polish sausage (optional) or 1 pepperoni (optional) or 1 smoked sausage (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pinch chili powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fried onions (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out pastry dough flat, and cut into half.
- Spread mustard on the dough. Layer the 3 different types of cold cuts, one type on top of the other.
- Roll the dough. Brush the roll with egg lightly beaten with chili powder. Sprinkle with one or all of the following sesame seeds, poppy seeds, fried onion, sea salt & garlic powder if desired.
- Bake at 350 °F (180°C) for 45 minutes, or until browned.